CALL FOR PAPERS: CJAE Special Issue 2016 on Applications of Behavioural and Experimental Economics to Decision-Making in the Agricultural, Food and Resource Sectors
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics
Special Issue 2016
Applications of Behavioural and Experimental Economics to Decision-Making in the Agricultural, Food and Resource Sectors
Call for Papers
Editors: Jill E. Hobbs University of Saskatchewan
Siân Mooney, Boise State University
Motivation: Tools and insights from behavioural and experimental economics are increasingly important to problems faced by the agricultural, food and resource management sectors. The 2016 special issue of the Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics (CJAE) will be dedicated to showcasing advances in and applications of behavioural and experimental economics as they apply to the agricultural, food and resource sectors. We are currently encouraging submissions with a strong behavioural or experimental economics grounding for consideration in this special issue. Possible topic areas include, but are not limited to:
· Food consumption decisions and health
· The influence of social media/social networks
· Attitudes toward the environment and the management of natural resources
· Decision-making at the firm (including farm) level
· Risk aversion and decision-making
· Applications to innovation, science and technology
The intent is to publish the special issue as the December 2016 (63.4) issue of the Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics.
How to Participate: Authors submitting to the special issue should note the following:
· Abstracts should be between 500-800 words
· Papers submitted will be subject to a double-blind peer review process
· Authors agree to pay normal page charges for the CJAE (currently C$75 per page)
· Authors will abide by the copyright agreement of the CJAE
· Authors will submit an original research paper that has not previously been published
· At least one author will be a member of the Canadian Agricultural Economics Society
The following deadlines will be strictly adhered to:
· March 15, 2015, abstracts due.
· April 30, 2015, authors informed of selection decision for full papers.
· September 1, 2015, first draft of papers due.
· October 31, 2015, first round of reviews due.
· February 1, 2016, revised papers due.
· April 1, 2016, second round of reviews due.
· May 31, 2016, FINAL PAPER DUE.
Abstracts should be submitted to cjae()uvic.ca by March 15, 2015 with an e-mail subject line indicating “submission for special issue 2016”.